Skip to content

Baasu Consultants

Family Immigration Australia

Under this category, an eligible relative could be able to sponsor you under one of the following family immigration to Australia programs:

Partner Australia Immigration – Spouse, Fiancé & Interdependent partner
Parent Australia Immigration – Aged parent, working age parent
Relative Australia Immigration-Aged dependent relative, Remaining relative
Child Australia Immigration

Partner Migration:

If you have a spouse, fiancé or an interdependent (same sex) partner in Australia, you can be sponsored under this category.  Your sponsor must be an Australian Citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, living in Australia.

The visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your marriage or de-facto relationship with your partner:

On a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two (2) years from the date you applied for the visa)
On a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.
You are permitted to enter or remain in Australia with your spouse
You are entitled to work in Australia
You are entitled to study in Australia, but you will not have access to government funding for tertiary study
You may enrol in Australia's medical benefits expenses and hospital care scheme, Medicare.

Parent Migration:
If you have children living in Australia who are either permanent residents or citizens of Australia and if you pass the balance of family test (more children living in Australia than anywhere else), you could be sponsored by them to migrate to Australia.  You can be either of working age or retired. Recently the Australian Department of Immigration has brought in changes to allow for a faster processing of parent migration applications, which were otherwise taking too many years.

Relative Migration:
If you have a relative in Australia, who is an Australian Citizen or permanent resident and is willing to sponsor you, there are a few options available for you to migrate under the categories of

Aged Dependent Relative
Remaining Relative
Child Migration:
An Australian Citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen can sponsor a dependent child or a step-child or an orphan relative or an adopted child for a permanent residence visa.